The fourth trimester

2:36:00 pm

We all know pregnancy has three trimesters, but what about after baby is born? Those first few weeks are so important, baby is so new and fresh; his confused and learning to cope in this brand new world. That's why with archer I have adapted the fourth trimester theory. 


Have you ever thought about why we are told to swaddle our babies? Why they seem to smooth to the shhing noise? Or by being upright on your chest? 
All these things remind them of being in the womb, our heart beat, the sound of the blood in the umbilical cord, being all snug and squished as they grow inside of us. 
I've spent these past eight weeks nurturing him, providing him all the comfort he cries for, feeding on demand and surrendering myself to his needs. I'm pouring in so much effort to one tiny human sometimes I'm forgetting to show affection to the other two males in my life.  
But there is never a right or wrong in parenting, my techniques with Archer are almost opposite to the techniques I used with Charlie. Maybe that's because I know I am not having anymore children, maybe I'm trying to keep him little forever. Maybe there are some deeper underlying issues of my own. Whatever the case, don't let anyone tell you your doing it wrong. Do it however you please. 
They are only little for so long, enjoy it, embrace it and be content with however you choose to raise your child. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts