How I managed to turn my posterior baby

10:26:00 pm

With only four weeks to go, “your baby is ROP” isn't the comment I wanted to hear. Two weeks later, another appointment and “his now LOT on his way to being LOA” is exactly what I needed to be told! 

In this blog you'll find exercises, links, explanations and images of all you need to know about optimal positioning for labour and birth. 




In the above two images you will be able to see how the baby is positioned in the pelvis and how this can effect the success and simplicity of labour and birth. 
LOA is the optimal position. 

I did a lot of reading and spoke to lots of people in regards to balance and positioning of the pelvis. 
I first began doing knee chest positions throughout the day. I tried to do these whilst being on the ground playing around with Charlie which I found encouraged me. 
During my reading I found a piece about babies naturally turning towards heat. The recommended exercise was a heat pack on your stomach and an ice pack on your back; I made my own variation of this! Not keen on the discomfort of the ice pack I decided to have a warm bath, I did so whilst in the knee chest position so my back was out of the water and cooler than the rest of my body.


These three links below cover majority of the most helpful exercises and tips I discovered. 
In regards to the third link - Webster Technique. I am booked in with a chiropractor at my local practice tomorrow; I'll let you know how I find the experience and if it helps complete his turn. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts