Red Raspberry Leaf Tea | summer iced recipie

8:25:00 pm

As I'm sitting here infront of the air conditioner, 31 weeks pregnant and allowing my cup of red raspberry leaf tea to brew and then cool, something sprung into my mind... There has to be an alternative to a blissful hot cup of tea, don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy it, but 9 time out of 10 it's cold when I get around to drinking it anyway! 

I jumped onto Pinterest and had a search around, I found a blog post on how to make concentrated icecubes. Which you can see here. It was a good start and definitely something I will keep in mind for labour as ice cubes and water was my go to with Charlie's birth. 
But I was looking for more of an iced tea recipie, I tested it out with just one cup of my normal tea, following instructions on the packet as well as adding a dash of honey. Once the tea had cooled, i placed it in the fridge to go nice and cold. I then added ice cubes and wallah you now have "so simple it sounds dumb iced tea"

I have since done some more reading about loose leaf teas and the quantities and put together this basic recipe to make one litre of iced raspberry leaf tea! 

Ingredients 
1 litre of boiling water 
4 teaspoons of loose raspberry leaf tea
Decent dollop of honey (optional/to taste)

Icecubes to serve - I used a mix of pain water and the concentrated recipie linked above. 
Frozen Raspberries - if you love the prettiness of things like I do throw a few frozen raspberries in your glass when you serve. 

Method
* brew your tea as directed on the packaging * 
Add honey whilst hot
Leave to cool
Poor into jug and place in the fridge
Serve with icecubes, and raspberries


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts