Your child's first loss

2:31:00 pm

Today began as a normal Wednesday morning. Waking up to my usual alarm clock of Charlie yelling mummy mummy, finding archer asleep in my arms and not remembering how he got there and milk... milk drenching my pjs. 


But as we drove to daycare, little did I know I was lying to my son. Charlie always asks to go see (let's call them B1 and B2 for privacy reasons) they are the only educators he will willingly run off and play with. He trusts them, as do I. Today we were told they won't be returning. As I said goodbye to Charlie and tried to wipe his tears and explain that (let's call this one B3) will now be playing with him, my heart broke a little inside.

A mixture of emotions ran through my mind; stress, sadness, anxiety, loss and frustration. I felt like we had come so far, he was finally settled, finally enjoying his one day a week with B1 and B2. Now we need to start again. 

The first people Charlie has bonded and stayed with outside of our family, are no longer in his life. 
Shane thinks I'm being dramatic, and I can see how... It just hurts to see him so lost and confused. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts