Milk Drunk

12:33:00 pm

My arm is getting numb; the dead weight of a sleeping child should be second nature by now. Your breathing is husky and rough, your nose is blocked and your chest is flemmy. Your innocent little body rattles when you cough and tears well in my eyes as all I can do is comfort you. 

If only you would feed. Occasional sucking isn't quite cutting it, my milk is overflowing and we are both being showered. It would be a perfect pumping opportunity, a chance to store some milk away. But with you using my nipple as a dummy I wouldn't dare even move an inch. 
I'm grateful for the cuddles, but your older brother is getting restless and bored; he wants mummy too. The dishes are being stacked higher as it rolls into day two of nursing you. The sun is warm outside and the clothesline is staring at me, but instead clothes are being pulled out from the bottom draws which haven't been worn in forever. 

Be milk drunk my darling, fill your little belly to its limits. Sigh and flop into my arms and fall into a deep sleep.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts