Jumping in the deep end | toilet training

9:29:00 am

I've thought Charlie was ready a few months ago to begin introducing toilet training. Then I decided it was too hard so we stopped. Now his showing even more signs, I keep thinking how the hell can I start when I have a newborn? It's so daunting and I'm scared but today we dived right in. No more dipping in the toes, today anyway, we are nappy free. 


Charlie's signs: 
At 18 months Charlie began noticing when he had done a poo, he hated it. By 20 months he would back up to me and stand there until I checked his bum; you guessed it poo.
Now at two years old he will tell me before he needs do to wee's and poo's.

Difficulties:
When Charlie was 18 months and showing those first signs of toilet training I went out and purchased a stool and a seat for the toilet. For us, toilet equals distraction! Wanting to flush and use toilet paper is all we were accomplishing.
20 months I went out and got a potty, after two hours of him wanting to push it all around the house and play in it, I decided to pack it away. I was getting frustrated and I didn't want a negative atmosphere with something so important.
Now at 24 months we are attempting the potty again, it stays in the bathroom and the only difficulty we have is that I also have a newborn to attend to. Helping Charlie with the potty isn't always so easy. 

So how did today go you ask? Nappy free lasted until 11am. I constantly asked him if he needed to do poo's or wee's, he always answered with no. Every half an hour I would sit him on the potty and he would jump up and say finished; yet never once did he do anything. At 11am charlie came to me and he had done a wee, the terry towling training pants absorbed majority but left it damp enough for him to notice he needed to be changed. 
I don't think we will try again tomorrow, I think we will just work with Charlie. When he wants to use the potty I'll sit him on it, instead of forcing him to use it.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts