We do not “got this” | TRANSITIONING

9:09:00 pm

A gorgeous new little bundle has been born into the family or circle of friends; of course you need to get a cuddle and sniff the newborn scent. 

But within those hospital walls is a family of now four whom want to bond; together and alone atleast for the first 24 hours.

Whilst you may be thinking “it's her second baby she's got this”, I can tell you now I won't. Shane and I will be learning how to divide our love, affection and attention between two children. Charlie will be learning how to be a brother and the older child. There will be transitions happening in every direction in our household. We definitely don't “got this”. 

I will still struggle to find time to do the dishes, vacuum or even shower. Nap whilst the baby naps you say? Which one; the toddler who is cutting his molars and throwing tantrums or the newborn who won't sleep without being held. There is no way they will nap in sync surely; even if they did I wouldn't dare nap! I would shower alone and wash my hair; I would vacuum those floors and possibly even mop and if I had time who knows I might even wash the dishes which have sat there since before babe was born. So please don't expect me to have this shit down pat. It may be my second baby, but it's still new in a lot of ways. 

If your planning on popping in, just send a text let me know your coming. I fall to pieces under pressure and stress so if I have ten people turn up at once there is going to be one crazy emotional bitch,  and two children which will be feeling my stress. 

When your visiting please help yourself, make coffee or tea I'll probably need one too! Ask me how I am coping. I know the baby is what you have come to see, but reassurance that people are there for me too will take a weight off my shoulders.

This face may fool you, but I can be a total emotional mess at times. 


I know some family or friends will snicker and gossip about this post, but it's honest. This blog is a coping mechanism, a place to voice my opinions share experiences and learn. It's not a list of rules and no you don't have to “schedule a visit”. Just show respect and note that we don't just have this in the bag. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts