I'm sorry about the toddler

12:50:00 pm

I wrote this letter the night before I went into labour. I have multiple letter style posts which I have written so if you do like this piece of writing be sure to let me know and I will publish the others also! 

Dear “my soon to be newborn”, I'm sorry about the toddler. 

He will love you so much and sometimes he might cuddle you too tight. He will be the roughest form of gentle anyone will have ever seen; I'm sorry. 

It doesn't seem fair that his first year of life was full of cuddles, attention and bonding time. I'm sorry darling that we will need to work out how to survive each minute.

Your nap times will have some background noise; you will quickly learn to sleep through anything. Most of the time it will just be mummy yelling at your big brother, it will soon become normal. I'm sorry. 

I'm sorry for all these things that your currently unaware of. But its what I'm not sorry about that really matters. 

I'm not sorry that you have a big brother here waiting for you. To protect you, care and defend you. He will be your first friend, your best friend. The one you can fight with yet he will always be right there behind you. Ready to catch you when you fall; and laugh as he lifts you back up. 
That I'm not sorry about, one day you will thank me. 

Love From Mummy. 

Introducing to you all Archer Raymond Mcconnell, 9pound 5ounces 50cms long.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts